Knowledge management plays an important role in many companies. Information must be transparent in order for it to be accessible to all employees. We've developed an intranet application for our customers which allows them to intelligently store unstructured information, then recover those documents intuitively.
WHAT WE DID
- Knowledge management intranet application
- Storing unstructured information (documents)
- Intuitive search: full text search and structured metadata search
Knowledge management - a requirement in the information economy
Data, information, and knowledge play a key role in almost all sectors and companies today. Nevertheless, knowledge management, primarily meaning its efficient storage and targeted recovery, is still mostly an unresolved problem.
Our customer, a consulting company in the Münster area, also faced these challenges. Together, we developed an intranet solution which all employees could access securely (BSI-certified) and remotely:
- an easy-to-use, intuitive interface
- easy and secure document storage
- Document metadata annotation and keyword tagging
- Establishing relations between documents
- Commenting on documents
- Online document viewing
- Full text search and meta-information search
Our client's information included different types of documents:
- Text documents (Word, PDF, etc.)
- Presentations (PowerPoint, Keynote)
- Spreadsheets (e.g. Excel)
- Photos and images
These documents were generally stored locally, on individual employees' computers; in the best case scenario, they were also stored on the network drive.
The newly created online knowledge management system allows every employee to access the company's knowledge and information in one place. Anytime, anywhere, and with any device.